- Check out the new Department of Kansas Facebook page: Department of Kansas American Legion
- (10/25/17-Wednesday) ALR 40 (Leonardville) please come and join us for a spaghetti dinner. Includes spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and dessert, for a free will donation. Serving time will be from 5 pm – 7pm at the Methodist Church, 921 5th Street, Clay Center, Kansas.
- (11/10/17- Friday) ALR 192 ( Canton) invites all to join us for our Annual Pork Chop Dinner. Serving will begin at 7 PM. The cost is $14 per person and $7 for Veterans. There will be an auction following the dinner.
- (11/18/17 – Saturday) Fort Riley Turkey Run
If you wish to attend the Turkey Run, November 18, and/or, Operation North Pole, December 8 + 9, You will have to be on the event access list. The required information is listed below. This list has to be turned in no later than October 30. If you do not get on this list, you will be responsible for getting your own gate pass at the Visitor’s center at the Marshall Field gate on the days of the events.Return this information to Bill Ryan at email@example.com:
DRIVERS LICENSE STATE
DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER
TURKEY RUN Y/N
OPERATION NORTH POLE Y/N
BOTH EVENTS Y/N
Bill “Hippie” Ryan
ALR Area Director
302 N Main St.
Newton, Ks. 67114
- (11/25/17 – Saturday) ALR 24 (McPherson) Newton Harvey County 32nd Annual Toy Run.
Line up will start at 12 (Noon) at Chisholm Trail, I-35 exit # 28, Newton, Ks. with the ride starting at 1 PM. All vehicles welcome. Purchase a button for a chance to win $100.00. The cost for the ride is one NEW unwrapped Toy. The cost of the buttons is $2 and $4 for chili and all the fixin’s. Auction to follow.
- (11/25/17 – Saturday) ALR 24 (McPherson) Please join us in support of the 30th Annual McPherson County Toy Run. Please bring your American Flags for the Color Guard. Also one unwrapped toy. Line up is at 12 (Noon) at the Walmart parking lot in McPherson Kansas. The parade starts at 1pm and ends at the American Legion. Chili Feed and Auction to Follow. For information cantact Keena at 620-897-6786
- (12/8 & 12/9/17 – Friday/Saturday) Fort Riley – Operation North Pole – see above for information regarding base access.
For a listing of ALL vacancies with the State of Kansas, you can go to our Civil Service Job web site at: jobs.ks.gov