(07/11/16– Monday) “Monday Night Burgers & Beer” at Post 4. Post will start serving at 5:00PM hamburger or cheeseburger and hand cut fries all for $6.00. Options available if you want Double Burger or Two Burgers and a Fry.
(07/12/16-Tuesday) ALR 4 (Wichita) invites all for a Chicken Fried Steak Dinner, the second Tuesday of every month. Dinner includes a Huge Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, choice of green beans or corn, dinner roll and dinner salad. All for $10.00 start serving at 6PM until gone.If bringing a large group and would all like to sit together call us and let us know and wewill try to accommodate your party. If you desire smoke free dining we will serve you and your guests in the hall. You can also take beer, cocktails and all drinks into the hall.
- (07/23/2016-Saturday) ALR 12 (Herington) invites all to join us for the 2nd Annual Marble Run. Registration will be from 10:00- 12:00 hrs at the Spot Grill 305 West Walnut, in Herington. Cost is $15 first card & $5 extra cards. 1st bike out at 12:00 and last bike in at 17:30 hrs. We will end at the American Legion Post #12, 501 Sun Lane Old Lake Herington, where there will be food, raffle and an auction. Proceeds to help Veterans, Military Personnel and children in the community.
- (08/2016)” Salute to Veterans Rally.” Cripple Creek Colorado. The biggest Veterans Rally in the Mid USA Make your reservations as soon as you are able, there are several Motels in the area. The Base (Main) Motel is the Rainbow Inn & Lodge. The phone number is 800-934-1102. The Mel Haven number is 719-633-9435. These motels are side by side. There will be a family and friends BBQ & Dance on Saturday Evening with “The Black Rose Band” performing and Great camaraderie and fun. Book your reservations and join for the fun. Remember we are always there for our Veterans !!
- 21st-25th – American Legion Legacy Run – Indianapolis to Cincinnati. Kansas riders will depart Aug 18 from Wichita, arriving in Indianapolis on Friday afternoon, Aug 19. Registration is at Wayne Post 64 on Saturday, with the Run leaving from there on Sunday, Aug 21, and traveling through the South over 4-1/2 days to arrive in Cincinnati on Aug. 25.
- (08/27/16 – Saturday) ALR 64 ( Pittsburg) invites all to join us in support for our 4th Annual Wreath Ride. More information to follow.
- (09/11/16 – Sunday) ALR 40 (Leonardville) we will be hosting ”A Ride to Remember Our Fallen”, and invite all to join us. This is the 15th Anniversary of 9/ 11 and we would like to remember and honor our fallen military, law enforcement, fire fighters and first responders. This is a non-alcohol ride from start to finish , we ask that you pre-register for information contact Eszter Blair 785-447-2577 or Dawn Noble at 785-336-1378.
- (09/9-11/2016- Friday-Sunday) ALR 153 (Olathe) invites all ALR to join us for a 9-11 Social & Remembrance Gathering. There will be a social gathering at the American Legion Post 410 E. Dennis Ave. Friday at 7PM with finger foods being provided. Also can register for Saturdays rides, horseshoes tournament and the 9-11 Ride on Sunday. Saturday evening there will be a catered dinner and DJ at the Post. For more information contact Don Harden at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (09/18/2016-Sunday) ALR 12 (Herington) invites all to join us in support of our 1st Annual Toy Run. Run will begin at the Dollar General on West Trapp in Herington, with this being our first Toy Run and with hopes of continuing this endeavor for our Tri-County youth. Hope to see you there. For more information contact Terry “Bubba” Payne at 785-280-3492
- 1st – Post 408 – 6th Annual Golf Tournament
For a listing of ALL vacancies with the State of Kansas, you can go to our Civil Service Job web site at: jobs.ks.gov